We offer a variety of different clinics and services at both sites. Please ask our Receptionists for any further information.
Baby Immunisation Nurse Clinics
- At Banwell Surgery on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays in each month from 11.00 – 12.30
- At Winscombe Surgery on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays in each month from 11.00 - 12.30.
- (when there is a 5th Wednesday in the month, no clinic that day).
Please phone to make an appointment for your baby's immunisations, but make sure your baby has had their 8 week check with a GP (Dr Ruth Colson or Dr Matthew Paul) prior to having their immunisations. Please phone to book an appointment for the 8 week check with Dr Colson or Dr Paul.
Phlebotomy (blood tests)
held at both Surgeries on weekday mornings.
- At Winscombe Surgery on Mondays and Thursdays from 08.30 - 12.30
- At Banwell Surgery on Tuesdays from 08.30 - 12.20
Chronic Disease management Clinics (Diabetes, Asthma, COPD, Heart Disease)
- At Winscombe Surgery on Monday and Thursday afternoons
- At Banwell Surgery on Tuesday and Friday mornings
- Held at both Surgeries during routine nurse’s clinics – please book with reception.
Support to Stop Smoking Clinic
- Please enquire at reception to book an appointment with our Stop Smoking Advisor.
- Every Tuesday, Lesley Pattenden, a Physiotherapist from Weston General Hsopital comes to Winscombe Surgery for the day.
- We have a weekly private Podiatry service that works from the surgery to provide a local service for our patients (Thursdays at Winscombe)
Bladder and Bowel Service
- We have a regular incontinence service provided from our Banwell surgery
- We have a regular service provided at our Banwell Surgery for those who are worried about their memory. It is a 45 minute appointment to talk through any concerns with an advisor. The service is provided by the Alzheimers Society.
Other Services we provide include:
Minor Surgery - including ingrowing toenails
24 hour Blood Pressure Monitoring - which we have provided for over 15 years and has recently been included as standard under the NICE Guidelines
We are now providing two new services - Ear Microsuction and Palpitation Diagnosis
If you would like any further information regarding the clincs and services we provide or have any comments or suggestions, please contact the surgery on 01934 842211.